1. I'm READING at the Midtown Scholar on Saturday, August 25!
I'll have copies of the Black Telephone, pieces of known and forthcoming works, and my dignity.
2. You can now order j/j hastain's riding the lace barometer through eCRATER! My little ISMs page is updated thusly. If, however, you, wayfaring googler, would be interested in reviewing riding the lace barometer, I would be pleased to forward you a review copy. Alert me at kari . lee . larsen at gmail.
3. Have you met the Untitled Mag? An online magazine with an anticipated print presence, the Untitled Mag "strives to empower a community of diverse youth
by providing a space to celebrate their existence within a world that
otherwise denies universal pride in their rich, personal identities. We acknowledge, celebrate, cherish and give priority to those
marginalized by their sexual identity, race, gender identity, class
status, ability status (physical and mental), body size, and health." I will be helping out on their website, nurturing its code, helping it grow.
4. Have you met the Local Mag? My friend Liz Laribee contributed photography to their first issue and assisted in their Kickstarter by donating her services to those who gave a certain amount. I gave a certain amount, and now Liz is making me one of her famous cardboard portraits of Marina Abramovic. I think I'm going to take it to work and elevate every mass mailing to ART.
5. After posting last here, I linked my small post about Lena Dunham's New Yorker piece on Twitter, and Lena Dunham favorited it, and I started crying like an actress. Every time someone brings it up now - my mother or my coworkers - I cheer for myself like I'm at a hockey match. The intensity hasn't waned.