1. I wrote an essay for Anobium about the Artist is Present (about Marina Abramovic), Crumb (about R. Crumb), and Public Speaking (about Fran Lebowitz), the necessity of examples, and being a horrible example. Re the final point, I still have in draft-mode a post crafted just for the students I reference in this essay.
2. Someone else wrote this on tumblr and I am still screaming/gasping/crying.
3. I went on a vacation that was almost a week but felt absurdly, stupidly brief because I slept virtually the entire time. I thought I would work. That was so silly.
4. At HTMLGIANT, Christopher Higgs struts out an enviable reading list wherein I was very happy to see my (hearty, intense) endorsement of Carina Finn's My Life is a Movie has swayed someone its luscious, frothy way. I am not always on board for what that site has to post, but I am on board for everybody knowing what an amazing book that is - and fuck am I excited for HEROINES - but I am always on board for this. Bodies are wonderful, if not always safe for work.
5. It says there are 33 copies of the Black Telephone on the Unthinkable Creatures etsy. Kristen Stone deserves not only some $5.50s, but your love for her beautiful labor.